On the 4th of July, we had a few friends over. We wanted to do something fun, but also low-key. I decided on a burger/hotdog bar. It was so fun to plan and put together and even more fun to eat. Everyone got to choose their own toppings and it was very interesting listening to everyones favorite combinations.
One of my favorite toppings from the bar was this sweet bbq hot dog sauce. It was perfect on it’s own, but taken to a whole new level when paired with mustard and onions. It was even great on burgers with sharp cheddar cheese.
It was really simple to make, just adding the ingredients into one bowl and stirring over heat. This sauce takes normal, easy hotdogs to the next level.
- ¾ cup of Ketchup
- ¾ cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of BBQ Sauce, your favorite type
- ¼ cup of Honey
- 1 teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons of Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon of Onion Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of Black Pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan over high-heat.
- Stir occasionally, when it starts to bubble, remove from heat.
- Let cool to room temperature before serving.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 7 days.