This is the perfect weather for your crock-pot. It is starting to get cooler and there is nothing more comforting than coming home from work to a meal that is hot and already ready. All you do is toast a bun and add the meat and cheese and it is perfect just the way it is, but to top it all off there is plenty of au jus to dip your sandwich in.
Crock-Pot French Dip Sandwiches
Author: Caroline Barbee
Recipe type: Main
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, sliced in ¼-inch rounds, intact
- ¾ cup of Beef Broth
- ¼ Cup of Soy Sauce
- ½ Cup of Water
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- 2 cloves of Garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 lb. Chuck Roast
- Salt and Pepper
- 6-8 slices of Provolone Cheese
- 6-8 Sandwich Rolls
- First, turn your crock-pot on low. Place the onion rounds in the bottom of your crock-pot. Add the broth, water, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, mustard and garlic to the crockpot.
- Season the roast on both sides liberally with salt and pepper and place in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until the meat can easily be shredded with two forks.
- When ready to eat, set your oven to broil, high. Butter each side of the buns and place in the oven. Broil for 30 seconds- 1 minute until browned. Remove from the oven. Set the tops of the buns on a plate. Add meat and cheese to the bottoms and return to the oven for 30 seconds- 1 minutes until the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and add tops to the sandwiches. Ladle the juices from the crock-pot to small bowls and serve immediately.
Source: Coffee and Cannolis
The Barbee Housewife